- first step is to model the problem
Find an algorithm to solve it.
Fast enough? Fits in memory?
if not ,fiugre out why.
find a way to address the problem.
lterate until satisfied.
So, first we’ll talk about the dynamic connectivity动态连接性 problem, the model of the problem for union find.
- Union Command:
connect two objects.
- Find/connected query:
is there a path connecting the two objects?
Q. Is there there a path connecting p and q?
- Pixels in digital photo.
- Computers in a network.
- Friends in a social network.
- Transistors in a computer chip.
- Elements in a mathematical set.
- Variable names in Fortran program
- Metallic sites in a composite system.